Re: Taliban prepared to give up bin Laden?

> > The BBC monitoring unit has just reported that Taliban official radio (the
> > Voice of Sharia) has announced that they would be prepared to hand over
> > Osama bin Laden to a sharia (Muslim religious) court if the US can provide
> > sufficient evidence against him.
>
>        This sounds bad, but, i want to SEE his dead body.  I want his broken
> bleeding head paraded for us to see.
>        So what if the afghani government SAYS they tried himn, SAYS they
> killed him for his crimes....why should we believe themm??????

Who says they'd find him guilty?  These are the people sheltering him
because they feel he is akin to a saint for making so much personal
sacrifice (having limited assets frozen and moving to a new country) in the
course of jihad.  He's been granted religious writs to assist in his
recruitment and to lend legitimacy to what he's doing on several occasions.
The Taliban's offer is meaningless -- now, if they offered to turn him over
to us the US might believe they were sincere.