Re: Blackeagle Hats and Shirts?

Erik wrote -

> Charles Ryan works for WotC now?! When did this happen? Any chance WotC would
> revive Millenium's End?

NO! NOT - and I say again - NOT - WoTC - my reasons as follows:

If WoTC take over the M.E. line, the we at the ISG will have to stop supporting the game on-line, due to copyright
concerns. The curent copyright state,ment/agreement from Wizards states that if you write an adventure for one of their
games, and it's submitted to one of the conventions that they take part in, they purchase all rights to it from you.
This means you lose your rights as an author of the adventure.

The ISG has a policy of releasing the vast majority of our material as freeware. By bringing WoTC into the equation, as
I understand it, we (the ISG) would be required, due to policy vs copyright conflicts, to halt all writing activity on
M.E., and this is something I would not want to do; it would also mean that I would probably have to get everything I've
written re-licenced (probably on a per-item basis, if I understand their licence correctly).

Don;t get me wrong: WoTC are a reasonable company, but their lawyers suck writ large. Look carefully, for instance, at
the licence for D20 - you cannot even make a game out of it, because you can't develop character generation etc
material. That's a typical example, by the way.

Yes, let someone else take up the reins for M.E., but not, for Pitys' Sake, WoTC!

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Organiser, The Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message
may not be those of the ISG. The information in this email and
in any attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or
use this email for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of
its content to any other person - you should also destroy this
message, delete any copies held on your systems and notify
the sender immediately.