Re: Blackeagle Hats and Shirts?

According to Erik Sandelin, on Mon, 17 Sep 2001 the word on the street was...

> I guess this shows how much in-depth attention I pay to the inner
> workings of RPG's these days, huh? :) I wasn't aware the WotC was
> apparently contractually bound to make games that only used the d20
> system. Either that or their CEO's have made the executive decision that
> that is the road the company is going to take?

AFAIK they've decided that the D20 system will be used for all their RPGs
from now on. The new Star Wars RPG uses it, for example (with some silly
rules being carried over from D&D -- for example, you _can't_ shoot anyone
from less than 2 m away; this sort of makes sense with a bow, but not with a
blaster pistol...) and so does their version of the Dune RPG, for the rights
to which they bought Last Unicorn, as I recall.

In short: _if_ WotC were to publish ME, it'd use D20 rules, which I don't
think would do it justice...

> Sorry for the silly question.

Don't apologize, it's not as if you've done anything wrong :)

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  If only it were almost easy.

GC3.12: GAT/! d-(dpu) s:- !a>? C+@ UL P L++ E W-(++) N o? K w+(--) O V?
PS+ PE(-)(+) Y PGP- t@ 5++ X(+) R+++(-)>$ tv+ b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998