Re: Blackeagle Hats and Shirts?

> I guess this shows how much in-depth attention I pay to the inner workings of
> RPG's these days, huh? :) I wasn't aware the WotC was apparently contractually
> bound to make games that only used the d20 system. Either that or their CEO's
> have made the executive decision that that is the road the company is going to
> take?

I believe it is Hasbro (and probably WotC) executive decision.  <sarcasm>
They have one "universal" system so why would they want to develop
anything else? </sarcasm>

> I certainly would not want ME adapted to the d20 system. While I do think the
> combat system could certainly be streamlined and simplified somewhat, I would
> n't
> want it "dumbed-down" like that.

I agree.  Anyway, that would probably cause legal problems with AEG.  AEG
is developing Series Archer (the core rules are actually called Cloak &
Dagger but everybody refers to it by the setting name (SA)).  It is a
modified d20 system (mostly compatible) techno-thriller/spy game due out
March 2002.

It's a fun game in it's own right and tries being as realistic as it can
while still being d20 and being able to simulate any spy/techno-thriller
movie.

Which reminds me...  I will be working on the Weapons Guide for Series
Archer and we (the line manager and myself) have talked about a set of
ME->SA conversion rules.  Anybody know who we need to contact for
permission?  Is it Charles or is it Cybergames?  Does anybody know if
Cybergames is definitely gone?