Re: ME game

According to AndiNeedham@aol.com, on Thu, 20 Sep 2001 the word on the street was...

> Well i ran the game and it was a complete failure i tried to explain
> several times to the players just how deadly combat was and that it
> shouldn't be taken lightly but the decided not to listen and the end
> result 4 dead pc's well they all wanna play again and make new chars and
> they enjoyed it but i am still disappointed

Maybe now they'll have learned...

FWIW (maybe I should have mentioned this earlier :) a good way of making players
listen in these kinds of situations is to do a simple firefight first, explaining
to the players that whatever happens here will have no effect on the actual game
-- if any PCs die or get wounded, all that's erased at the end of the fight. It
never actually happened, basically. This is good for systems like ME, as it will
teach them that combat is deadly, even if -- like your players -- they don't want
to listen to warnings of that nature. At the same time it means they won't need to
create new characters if someone dies, which in ME is handy because it's often
quite a lengthy process.

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  If only it were almost easy.

GC3.12: GAT/! d-(dpu) s:- !a>? C+@ UL P L++ E W-(++) N o? K w+(--) O V?
PS+ PE(-)(+) Y PGP- t@ 5++ X(+) R+++(-)>$ tv+ b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998