Re: Why the F*CK did they do that??

> http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/28/ret.special.operations/index.html
>
> Now... why did we go off and do that?  Will the
> admission that we have Operatives "in country" not
> just confirm for the Taliban that they need to send
> out more patrols to hunt down our guys???

	Because there are several reasons why professionals put out
	news reports like this.

	1) propaganda.
	-It shows US public that something is being done and thus
	rises mood on home front.
	-It shows supposed enemy heat is being put up.
	-It shows moral resolve of US.

	2) psychological pressure
	-It brings out more heat and tells everyone that boogiemen
	are there thus increasing nervousness. Fact that they are
	not found (if possible) only increases nervousness.

> At least the UK has always kept the "We do not comment
> on any SAS missions" to keep everyone in the dark.

	No it does not. In recent Sierra Leone operation presense
	of SAS and SBS was acknowledged in order to intimidate
	opponent and boost morale and show political will to keep
	on going. That is why usually camera-shy soldiers could
	be photographed in distance.