Re: Why the F*CK did they do that??

> Robert J Hansen wrote
> Now, given that their source is a "senior administration official",
> which probably means someone at or near Cabinet level, the conclusion
> is really simple.  Bush and his Cabinet *wanted* the Taliban and
> Afghani people to know we were operating in their country.  I am
> assuming their intent is to ramp up the psychological pressure, but
> that's just assumption on my part (supported by a little logic).

Let's not forget the potential impact on internal psychology.  The economy
was weak and questionable before Sept. 11.  Last week, the Dow lost about
1300 points.  Statements about special operations personnel operating in
Afganistan shows the public that we are "doing something" and gives the
consumer confidence to spend money.

-Eric