Re[2]: Starting equipment

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:20:42 -0500
srydzews@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> What's missing?  Not much.  Rifle, submachinegun,
> armor--that's a lot of stuff!  All legal issues aside,
> purely from a financial perspective why would the company
> buy one MP5SD for every operative?  It's not as if every
> operative is going to simultaneously be on an operation
> that would require such a thing, so wouldn't it be better
> to have a few such weapons at 'headquarters' that are
> issued when needed to whomever needs them?

Sure it is a little overkill to have both a Colt M4 and a MP5SD, but
they are the kind of gear one cannot aford tonot have when the time
come's for the use of them:-)

Well it could be done only with the Colt M4 - if it is equipt with asilencer
and AGOC sight.

> If BE/BE is going to issue any weapon on a permanent basis
> to an employee, I'd imagine it would be the sig 228 (or
> whatever...a pistol), and the heavier stuff would only come
> out of the vault when an assignment warrants it--or the team
> manages to convince someone that the assignment warrants it :)

Standard pistol is alway a good thing. So that every one can use the
same magazines and every one knows how it works.

> But that's all just my opinion.
>
> If you want to talk about what's missing, how about
> a GPS?
That would be a usefuld gear to have.

What about a laptop computer?
I don't know not every one knows how to handel a computer - like one of
the danish Jager soldater (special force) said: "I don't know anyhting
about computers, playstations and the like. But I can blow up a brige."

 Maybe a bug detector/pink noise generator (do those things  really work)?
Bug detector would also be usefuld.
Noise generator, if it would on radio frevensis, then it could be funny
when the operators cannot get a cell phone call:-)

 SecureID card?
Offcourse.

 Digital camera?
I think a normal camera would be better.

Thanks for your input.

Dann Ernstsen
Vanløse Alle 22, 3 tv
2720 Vanløse