Re: Starting equipment

not to be parinoid(which the Game Operation's Director say's I am) but if you are in a fire fight with 4 or 5 bad guys... 4 clips will seem like it went to quick. after all the bad guys dont normally stand up and say will some one please shoot me...I prefer 10. but then I am parinoid because they are out to get me...and if you run out , i'm sure they give you time to reload
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 1:45 AM
Subject: Re: Starting equipment

In a message dated 11/14/2001 12:09:24 PM Pacific Standard Time, d-n-e@worldonline.dk writes:

· 4 spare magazines for the Colt M4

Probaby should make that an even dozen.  Four mags is nothing in a real firefight.

· 4 spare magazines for the SIG Sauer

If you are talking a 9mm P228, I would go with two 13-rnd, four 15-rnd and one 20-rnd magazine as extras.

· Colt M4 - Rifle

If you are going to give out M4s, might as well put a Modular weapon system on it and give them a ACOG, reflex sight and tactical light.

  ·
H&K MP5SD6 - Silenced SMG

An M4 with a suppressor will do the same job without adding another weapon.  If you have subgun obsessed players, give them a UMP9 (cheaper) or PDW class weapon to better fill the role between pistol and carbine.

  ·
Rugged 20cm stainless steel knife, with built-in wire-cutter

A good 10cm folding fighter and/or multitool are must haves.

  · Silencer for SIG Sauer P228

Silenced pistol requires an extended threaded (or QD) barrel, which means modifying the stock gun or issuing a second barrel.  Might be easier to leave the quiet work to the carbine/PDW.

· 10 Green chemical light sticks

A few infrared chemlights can come in real handy when going up against forces with out NVDs.

  · AN/PVS 7 night vision goggles

Go for the PVS-14 monocular instead.  Much more flexible.

· Binocular, 12-20x zoom

High mag zooms are big, heavy, hard to stabilize, have a narrow field of view, and are expensive.  A pair of 8x32mm compact is much handier for covert surveilance, paired with a 20x spotting scope for long range surveilance will give you a better package.

· Pair of thick, heavy kneepads

Do not forget the elbow pads for the low crawling.

· Shoulder holster for the SIG Sauer P228

Simply make it a concealment holster so the character can choose their preferred type, and add a tactical holster for when they have black kit on.

Other stuff to consider;

ASP tactical baton
E-Z Jim car opener
Hooligan tool