John Walker: What Charges, who'll try him.

http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/central/12/03/ret.american.taliban/index.html

Keeping my personal feelings on this matter personal,
as I could rant for pages, I want to pose a few
questions for everyone.

If American citizens are prohibited by law from being
in the employ of a foreign goverment in a combat
role...

1. Doesn't this guy apply, acting as an agent for the
then Afghanistan government (the Taliban), even if we
did not recognize that government.

2. If he is tried, will he be tried by the US, or by
the new Afghanistan government?  By the US?

3. If he is tried by the US, will he get a normal
trial or will he get a military tribunal?

4. If found guilty in a US court (normal or tribunal),
what punishment would be suited?

5. Does the restrictions on "cruel and unusual
punishment" apply to anyone tried in a US court or
just to US citizens?  Does the restriction apply to
"cruel _AND_ unusual" or "cruel _OR_ unusual", as I
could be satisfied with a cruel punishiment, or an
unusual one. ;-)

"I don't want to watch a movie about a guy that has trouble saying 'I love you' unless he's been shot in the face."  -- Ray, Everybody Loves Raymond.