Re: Driving in Europe. was: John Walker: What Charges, who'll try him.

I was in Germany last summer with my family (I am from the US).  I did not
need a licence from Germany - my valid US licence sufficed.

I think the biggest challenge is the car rental agency.  There were four
drivers in our group, and we rented two cars.  Two of us went on the rental
agreement for one car, the other two on the other car.  Of course, there is
a surcharge for each additional driver.  I seemed to remember that tehre was
an age restriction for renting the car (<25?), or being listed as a driver.
But since we were all 30+, it didn't matter, so I may be mistaken.  I know
in the US some agencies get very fussy over the age of drivers.

Chris Kracik