Re: US SOCOM desires...

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:35:24 -0500 "Eric Benson" <e_r_benson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>http://safe.sysplan.com/scihelpamerica/SOTO.pdf
>
>I don't know if you have to be logged in, but the pdf file contains
>information about what SOCOM wants in the future.
>
>"Transportable energy: capability to send and deliver energy to (remote)
>areas."
>
>"Detect all known chemical and biological compounds."
>
>"Render safe and then rearm any non-US installed explosive devices."
>
>"Conduct electronic warfare against all known communications systems."
>(Does that include the tin can connected by string?)
>
>"High-speed lift includes various multi-function vehicles: hypersonic,
>magneto hyperdynamic drive sealift (100+ kts) and flying submarines."
>
>"tricorder technology"
>
>"Star Trek Phaser: multiple anti-personnel settings, usable to halt some
>mechanical operations, regenerative power source."
>
>Ahem.  It's good to be optimistic and visionary.  It's something else to
>understand that the laws of physics are not optional.
>
>I wonder which was higher... the video rental bill for the sci-fi flicks,
>the munchies bill or the mound of weed smoked to come up with the ideas?
>
>-Eric

I just read the thing - hilarious! multi-purpose lasers for cutting metals, but
also medical purposes like coagulating blood in wounds with scalpel-precicion,
manportable devices for seeing through walls, rail guns to be fired at close
range (5 meters) at bunkers, killing those inside and leaving the operater of
the weapon unharmed, nanotechnology, the rambling goes on for about 180 pages..

gotta love the pictures, they were great, especially the robocop-guy!

--
Get your firstname@lastname email at http://Nameplanet.com/?su