Re: US SOCOM desires...

>Easily transmittable energy is soon to be, Microwave transmitters and
>receivers can now be used instead of power lines, we just have a few kinks to
>work out (like the cooking of most bio-matter between the two stations).
>
>S.

Tesla demonstrated on a small scale that broadcast power was possible
back before the turn of the century.  Brutally inefficient way to
deliver power of course and there would be the problem of the wiring in
your house melting with all the little problems that brings.  And
mustn't forget the chap who had the brilliant idea of putting microwave
emitters in the light fixtures of your house.  Allowing him to just heat
you not the house.

Just think about the world your grandad was born into and the changes
that he has lived to see.  Think about the ever increasing rate of
change and that the fact that its becoming impossible to graph the rate
of growth of human knowledge.  Now try and guess what kind of world your
grandsom will live in.

Just as a for instance you can look for considerable inmprovements in
body armour which could radically affect wpns requirements.
new scopes for assault rifles which can pick out men in cammo gear based
on the colors of their gear not being perfectly matched to their
backgrounds.
or say that someone does come up with that holy grail of modern science
the room temp superconductor.  Can you say Rail Guns for your infantry.
 real powered armour would become possible.  truly radical things happen
to military tech virtually overnight.