Re: Rail guns (was: US SOCOM desires...)

At 11:49 29/01/02 +0000, you wrote:
> [...]

Ah that superb weapon, the Bren gun.  Nice low rate of fire.  My father
mentioned it was probably 'too' accurate for a machinegun, intent on
suppressive tasks.

The Minimi is good, slap the 200 round box on there, but I tend to prefer
7.62... mez old sckool :)

Ah short bursts... good idea, and the wooden fore end of the US BAR tended
to catch fire from overheated barrels apparently... oh dear.  A heavy brute
too.

On the three round sear... burst mode has limited application but it does
have a place.  But in the end all I can say is, fire disapline, and one
shot that hits is worth a whole heap more than a hundred that
don't.  Unless its for suppression purposes, and burst modes are no serious
contender for that.  Marksmanship is a really good thing to take the time
to learn.

Leon "Junior" Harrison