RE: Rail guns (was: US SOCOM desires...)

> How can having only semi-auto and three-round burst available on your
weapon
> be a good thing? It would seem to me that when a soldier needs full-auto
> fire, he (she) REALLY NEEDS full-auto fire! Examples of really needing

If you REALLY NEED full-auto fire, just pull the trigger really quick.
Presto.  Fully automatic fire.  The trigger on most assault rifles is pretty
light; it's not like a double-action revolver trigger or anything.  Pull the
trigger, three rounds fire, pull the trigger again, another three fire,
etcetera.

Whether 3RB, auto, or 3RB/Auto is the Holy Grail or not is one of those
periodic debates that comes up now and again and ultimately has no
satisfying answer whatsoever.  A well-trained trooper can make do with
everything.  And if you're not well-trained, you can't make do with
anything.