Re: Rail guns (was: US SOCOM desires...)

Shawn Mulock wrote:

>It is neither a good thing or a bad thing. From what I have been told, the US
>wanted a way to control the incredible amounts of ammunition being expended by
>their troops. Three round groupings was the answer they liked.
>

>S.

  A friend of mine came back from his first exercise with americans
impressed by the sheer volume of fire they put out.
Seems the american unit on their flank had fired off their entire 3 day
allotment of ammunition in something under 3 hours
and were sending runners to mooch before noon on the first day of the ex.