RE: European Military Not Up To Par?

> > I honestly cannot _imagine_ anyone saying they could
> > just nuke NZ.
>
>It's not about that... just big boots. To be brutally
>honest, it's precisely this attitude that makes US
>citizens disliked to a vast majority of the world
>population. Sad, but true.
We're a wee country but when the going gets tough, people are keen to have
us in the breech.  As a little side note for example, when the Israelis
were setting up their Sky Marshal program thingy, they called the
NZSAS.  It must have been our cool accents :)

> > Statically speaking, while I don't have the numbers
> > to back me up, just my
> > own informal observations, at least 40% of us over
> > here couldn't pinpoint
> > NZ on a map, let alone figure out how to target it
> > ;)
>
>That many? =P
>Was it about 10% knew where the Persian Gulf was?

Oh dear.

Same as with Vietnam, hardly anyone knew where it was on a map.  Our lads
got well briefed before they left :)

The Kiwi strikes again, yeah okay a flightless grub eating bird ain't the
best national symbol but have you ever tried to pick one up?