Re: National symbols

At 13:07 6/02/02 +0000, you wrote:

> > The Kiwi strikes again, yeah okay a flightless grub
> > eating bird ain't the
> > best national symbol but have you ever tried to pick
> > one up?
>
>Hey...*looks over to the Welshman on the next desk*...
>it's better than a 5 ton bright red thing with wings
>that never existed!
>
>Mike

Hey, now I forgot about that mate.  Thanks for bringing it up.

Interestingly enough, New Zealand had the biggest ever eagle on the planet
*drum roll for a little known useless fact*  :)  The Haast Eagle, which was
about the size of a Phyradactyl (dinosaur bird and my spelling for such
words is terrible) and picked Moa up in its talons.  Too bad its not still
about, we could have used that as our national symbol.

Leon