Re: National symbols

>  Wow just like the good ol USA.. Not to be really unpatriotic, but we've
> been bullies for 200 years now.. the Bald Eagle is a perfect National
Symbol

Actually we have been "bullying" for only about 110 years or so.  You can
probably put the start of that at the Spanish/American war.  A war started
by Theodore Roosevelt and W. Randolph Hurst.  This would be continued during
TR's presidency, he really pushed the US into "world power" status and
wanted the US to rival or exceed Britain, which at the turn of the century
was THE world (super)power.