[semi-OT] Good mags (was Re:Terrorist Groups)

> No offence, but I do not consider SoF to be reliable
> source on information. I prefer reading reports
> written by RAND, and those that come from the U.S.
> Ministry of foreign affairs, as well as some watch dog
> groups. Of course some of the information give in
> those is incorrect or given on a wrong type of slant.
>
> As for what the article supposedly has within it.
> Umm...Most of that is public domain. Others are fluff.

	This brings up a subject that I've been thinking about lately, and maybe
you guys have some suggestions. Are there any decent magazines that keep up
with ME type stuff, like Special Forces, SWAT and the like? I know that
Jane's is an obvious first choice, but I don't have the kind of cash to keep
up one of those subscription. Which, I guess, makes my question, does anyone
have a cheaper alternative to Jane's?

Dan