Re: Millennium's End, and that combat problem?

Matt_Da_Mann Lennane writes:

> The common problem that I have with, getting players to play ME, is that
> they think that the "Combat" side of things, is kinda slow?
>
> Does anyone else have this 'problem' or just a solution?
>
> I use the "pre"-rolled initive(sp), making 60-70 rolls before the game
> starts, and using them for the combat, for me it speeds up the game but hey
> only if the people like it,

The most important thing is not the let combat get "slow" in ME, the great
thing is getting your actual blood pumping, ME is really nice that way with
combat rolls, the wound system is a little touchy until you get used to it,
but mostly it's just one roll of the dice.  I try to keep the players
going, i don;t allow them to sit back and think about what they are going
to do, combat is 2 seconds in ME, so i never allow more then 15-20 seconds
for the player to do what they want to do.

Benjamin