Re: AK-47 Operation Question

Jeff Pawlowski wrote:

> Without a working model in front of me to verify my hunches, I've opted to bug
> you guys about it :)
>
> True or False:  The charging handle can only be pulled back if the weapon is in
> Auto (middle position) or Semi (lower position).  You cannot pull back the
> charging handle if the weapon is in Safe (upper, unmarked position).

I suppose this is true, but you are able to pull back the charging
handle even in safe mode if the weapon is already charged (is this the
term?). The Finnish Valmet assault rifle is an AK clone and I suppose it
works pretty much in that regard as well. I remember that we used this
feature to test the weapons that were in weapon racks inside our
barracks. Note that this was 10 years age, so my memory might fail me :P

// J