Re: Moving forward with guides

According to Eric Benson, on Wed, 07 Feb 2001 the word on the street was...

> CEE (I assume) holds the copyright for the original version prepared by
> Arclight.  Unless Arclight signed away all of his rights to any future use,
> he (or anyone he authorizes) has the right to publish a version that is
> 'significantly different' from his original version.

Arclight didn't write it, he just bought a copy :) As for the rights, they
lie with me -- CEE released the book in mid-1998 but never paid me before
they went out of business, and at GenCon '99 I specifically asked Charles
about this matter. According to him, I own the text of the book.

> Adding new rules would a significant addition, significantly altering the
> number of vehicles would also help.  Changing to photographs by the members
> would eliminate another potential copyright infringement.  Not selling it
> for a profit would minimize potential infringement suits.

What I was thinking of doing a few months ago, is basically what you're
suggesting, too (except for the update part).

> The question is - are people willing to work together to produce a better
> product or are we going to get in a pissing war over it?

As far as I'm concerned, updating the Vehicle Sourcebook and releasing it
on the net is a cool idea. Especially because we're not bound to a page
count (though I wouldn't want to create a 50 MB file :) anything and
everything could be in it...

--
Gurth@xs4all.nl        -        http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/index.html
  My ocular organs!

GC3.12: GAT/! d-(dpu) s:- !a>? C+@ UL P L++ E W-(++) N o? K w+(--) O V?
PS+ PE(-)(+) Y PGP- t@ 5++ X(+) R+++(-)>$ tv+ b++@ DI- D+ G+ e h! !r y?
Incubated into the First Church of the Sqooshy Ball, 21-05-1998