Adventure idea (help wanted)

Iowa State University adventure

Hey guys, I’m thinking of an adventure idea and I
wanted some input.  I live in Ames, Iowa and I wanted
to do an adventure that took place on the campus of
Iowa State University. There’s lots of potential here,
but the one idea that most intrigues me would involve
the old Manhattan Project stuff that used to take
place here.  I know back in the 1940’s ISU was one of
the key research places for the Manhattan Project, and
that just recently they tore down the old reactors and
whatnot.  Does anybody know where I can find out more
information about this?

The adventure I was thinking of went along these
lines.  The WIJ (or someone else) steals a few
components of this reactor as it was being dismantled,
the University, horribly embarrassed by the whole
situation, hires BE/BE to get it back.  The way I have
it figured, the WIJ will be using a series of local
businesses as fronts for where they smuggle the
reactor components out.

The copy shop where I work (www.copyworks.com) has
several rooms down in the basement.  Way, way in the
back is old storage. I got the idea that tunneling
could easily take place here, one could tunnel all the
way to an engineering building (I don’t even know
which building this old reactor was in, I need to do
some research!) and then smuggle parts of the reactor
(or something else, but the reactor idea has neat
historical significance, plus a natural sense of
urgency) to the basement of Copyworks.  Then, piece by
piece, the morning delivery driver packs the parts
with that days shipments, and they go out to a final
destination (safe house? Shipping point? Not sure what
this 3rd location could be) where they are shipped to
a major WIJ base.

I figure once the shipment leaves Ames, it’s pretty
damn impossible to recover them.  So, I’ve got 3
locations, lots of possibilities for clue trees and a
few possible conflict points.  I have a few other
ideas that I’d like to incorporate too:

Every morning at 7am an armored car pulls up to our
store and empties out the ATM machine that’s on the
wall outside of my store.  Every time I see it, I run
thru in my head “how would I get away with it” I’d
LOVE to re-enact this in ME.  What would the players
need to get from inside an ATM though?

There is a small time bank in Yale, Iowa, population
300 (or less).  What a perfect front for the WIJ (or
whatever).  Robbing/assaulting a small time bank could
be loads of fun.

Well, what do you guys think?  Any input or criticism
is welcome.

Thanks,

Kevin Weiser