Re: Man of my word.

> As in the GM has all the players skills, so can just
> select 'perception check -20' on a menu and it punts
> out who passed it?

Something like that could be worked in fairly easily, yeah, once the skill
infrastructure was in place.

> Char gen is a slow task, but it gives players time to
> think and isn't a 'rush' task.

Agreed--it's also a one-time task.  I mean, unless your campaign is
spectacularly bloody, you're not making a new character every other week.
I personally think writing this part of the code would be fun, but I agree
it wouldn't buy us much.

On the other hand, as I was thinking last night--having a full character
interface would make it much handier to keep track of NPCs, as well as
give a GM the option to hit the pull-down "Create" menu--as in, "New
Character-->Generic NPC-->Elite Merc".  Presto, you get a Generic Elite
Mercenary.

> WELL worth it. Slow combats can ruin the feel of
> action, and faster resolution improves the game hell
> of a lot.

No problem.  Unless the list kicks in with a Geek Chorus (err, Greek
chorus--really, that's what I meant) of protests to do something else
instead, I'll start working on it this weekend, after I get the Win32
version of the character editor working.

Also note that all of these are meant to work together--i.e., the damage
calculator works with characters from the character editor.  Select ".223
Hollowpoint", "Head", and the damage calculator fetches the .223's DD,
looks up the character's mass factor, does the necessary voodoo--ideally,
calculating damage would be as simple as knowing the caliber and type of
the round, where it hit, and everything else would be taken care of
automatically.  I've got something like this working in a very rough form;
it's Nifty.

> damage a little. You may also wish to allow a 'step
> down' aspect to allow GMs to 'fudge' damage a little
> against unfortunate players.

I will make sure to put a "Have Mercy" button in the interface.  :)

--
Geek Code: GAT d- s+:+ a27 C++(+++)$ ULB++>++++ P++ L+++>++++ E W+ N+ w
           PS+ PE++ Y++ PGP++ t+ 5++ X-- R tv b+++ DI++ D--- G+ e++ h*