Re: SA80-A2: it's all the soldier's fault

Robert J. Hansen writes:

> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_politics/newsid_2141000/2141579.stm
>
> I love the "the soldiers aren't cleaning it properly" line.  It's not that
> they're not cleaning it properly; it's that the cleaning procedure isn't
> proper.

I found that stupidly funny as well.  Aren't you supposed to design a
device to work in real life enviroments?  The wepon will work in the
labrotory doesn;t cut it.  If it's an infantry weapon it should be tested
and subjected to all manner of abuse.  Look at the Beretta pistol, the
government said we need this pistol to fire 1500 rounds between cleaning (
i forget the actual number at this point, but..)  the beretta is actually
reliable to over 4 times that amount.
Blaming the troops who are being left vunerable in battle is just rubbish.

Benjamin