Re: Adventure idea (help wanted)

>    Needless to say, this is still quite an
>intriguing plot -- the panic
>caused by a public release of any amount of
>radioactive material near an
urban center would be more valuable to a terrorist
>than the actual results.
>Any effort by a government to downplay the threat
>would be treated skeptically at best.  Imagine a
scene >in which a lab misplaces a supply of plutonium,
and >the information is leaked.  Almost any fool with
some connections to a university lab could smuggle out
.research-grade (low radioactivity) material, release
it, and inform a media network, who would
>be able to confirm the radioactivity and jump to
>conclusions...
>Instant panic before any real agency can get
involved.

That's *perfect*!  Fitting in with my "local" theme,
the terroists could take it to the nearby (about an
hour away) town where most of the players grew up.
it's got a large silver watertower right in the center
of town.  Very dramatic, very appropriate.  <insert
evil laugh>

Kevin