Re: Prisoner transport?

> > iirc, securicor is a uniformed security business. is
> > prisoner transport (regularly) done by private
> > contractors in the uk?

Yes it is, also the trucks are not usually armoured even when transporting
VERY dangerous cases. I can also testify from personal experience (as a
driver of similar vehicles) that they handle like pigs on roller blades.

BTW one of the other companies in the private sector is UK Detention
Services, who actually ran a prison near here until a couple of weeks ago
when the place was forcibly taken over by HM Prison Service and the UKDS
contract terminated...apparently their 'service' was not up to scratch.

Lee.