Re: Prisoner transport?

----- Original Message -----
From: <festusdirk@urbia.de>
To: <millenniums-end-l@firedrake.org>
Sent: 15 February 2001 11:54
Subject: Re: Prisoner transport?

Zitiere Lee Williams <grizz@freeuk.com>:

> Yes it is, also the trucks are not usually armoured
even when transporting
> VERY dangerous cases.

in german it´s hard to get out once you´re in, but
for fellows outside say shooting the driver and take his
keys would be rather easy. so the really "heavies" are
transported in armoured mercedes s-classes driven by
police swat-members.

(Lee again) I was in a rush when I sent the first mail...I should have
explained that certain serious offenders are transported in convoys of fast
civilian cars, handcuffed to officers and surrounded by armed police. There
are usually 3 or 4 cars in such a convoy, at least 2 of which are identical.
The other type of dangerous prisoner transfer involves the use of 2 convoys,
one of which is a decoy. This sort of thing was used in the movie 'Patriot
Games'.
BTW they do run some armoured wagons, but I think the reason for not doing
this as a matter of course is that the armoured ones are relativley easy to
tell apart form the regular version.
And yes, it is very hard to get out of these vehicles ;-)