Re: New BE office justifications

--- Gareth Livergood <garethlivergood@gmx.co.uk>
wrote:
>     The following is a personal opinion and
> something I have been considering for my game world.
>  An office in South Africa.  Rome can probably
> handle the work for Northern Africa and the Med.
> However, I believe that South Africa alone would
> present enough work for a small office in the
> future.  For the same reason that Blackeagle would
> open an office in Argentina (Miami operatives in
> Argentina and southern Chile have a long supply and
> communication line).  South Africa also has fairly
> liberal (permissive) firearms laws right now (ME
> timeline, it could go either way).  South Africa is
> also the home to at least two professional mercenary
> companies.  A lively market for the services that
> BE/BE offers.  I would like to here your opinions on
> this issue.  Am I just fixated on a geographical
> region for no good reason or does this make sense?

I'm very willing to entertain this idea.  In all
aspects, it is likely to be a good choice, but which
Theatre would it be part of?  Asia?  The reason for
picking a site around Singapore and Malaysia was
because Sydney and Kyoto are very far apart.  South
Africa COULD round out that region.
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/world_maps/World_2000.jpg
since it could support south asia operations easier
than Kyoto, Sydney, Rome, or Budapest.