Re: New Life for Millennium's End

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Peterson" <steve.peterson@cybergames.com>

>I don't want to take up bandwidth here on the mailing
> list about this discussion, unless that's what you'd prefer. You can
comment
> directly to me, or to our discussion boards, or on this list.

I'll join the throng preferring to talk here, as IMHO it is far less
bothersome than the boards.

>We'd like to get input from all
> interested parties so we can make well-informed decisions. This process
will
> take a while, so there will be plenty of time to hear all opinions.

In terms of the future a slight rejigging of the history of ME would not be
out of order. The whole Middle East debacle can be rewritten to be more
logical without fundamentally denying the massive oil price hikes and
resulting world wide depression. I don't think it is hugely important but it
niggles.

The education/skills issue in character creation I will also nominate as my
major gripe with character creation. Like most people on this list I simply
ignore it, but if ME is to be re-released I'd fix it as again it is a
niggle.

I'd also agree with the call for more group source books like terror/counter
terror. Miami and Columbia were nice, but since I have no desire (and with
ME no need given the flexibility of the near-real world setting) to use
either place, they are simply fluff to me. The same would be true of any
other specific city or regional SB IMHO. On the other hand T/CT was
fantastic. Similar books would add great depth to any game I think. I can
think ones for Intelligence Services, Criminal Networks (as someone else
suggested), PI/Mercenary/Private Security organisations, and Multinational
Corporations would be very useful.

If a SB on regions must be made, why not do a BE/BE almanac? Do a more
in-depth history and general overview of the worlds regions and hotspot
followed by a chapter on each BE?BE office and host city like the one on
Miami in the back of the rule book. That would be very useful and give a
focus to the city information. In many ways this could actually form the
basis of a Players Companion, perhaps with the never released operatives kit
included.

ciao

guy-francis