Re: New Life for Millennium's End

Quoting Roger Stenning
> (de-lurking, now my workload is FINALLY easing up!)

welcome back!

 I don't want to take up bandwidth here on the
> mailing
> > list about this discussion, unless that's what you'd
prefer. You can
> comment
> > directly to me, or to our discussion boards, or on
this list.

> I suspect most of us will prefer to discuss this here,
rather than on
> a discussion board; it's cheaper for those of us who
pay on-line time
> (especially in Europe)!

iīd prefer this list for discussion, as iīm used to it.
bandwith isnīt a problem for me (my access being
government sponsored, but limited to office hours). as
long as the others donīt mind, iīd like to get future
information on m e here.

> > Our goal is to make these fine products available to
a wider
> audience and
> > expand the community of ME fans. Our first step is
to find out what
> you, the
> > hard-core ME fans, would like to see.

my personal problem: i have no credit card and donīt
need one except for purchasing rpg material from the
other side of the pond.

> 2. Make the basic rules a freebie download (as an
e-book in PDF?) - it
> could well help hook more new players into the game.
Look at GURPS for
> a lead in to the theory; their core rules (character
generation,
> taskings, etc) are freebie download, which, I suspect,
helped make
> them a major force in the gaming market today.

nice idea: but give a better chance for non-academic
characters. iīve got a decent education, so have my
friends who did their tour of duty in former jugoslawia,
but we all have met persons that never got a chance for
much formal education and still would make better player
characters than uns university wimps.

> 3. Advance the timeline a few years, thus keeping the
game near future
> enough to be interesting, without being too sci-fi for
non-sci-fi
> players.

strongly agreed. expand the timeline from now on (no
nukes please. thereīs enough shit happening without
them) (and a updated weapon collection would be fine
too)

then the MEFHCP is as much use as a roof-rack
> on a helicopter -

well, the added radar on top of the sea-kings tail does
a fine job.

festus

Diese Mail wurde von http://www.urbia.de (we are family )
durch IMP (http://www.horde.org) versandt .