Re: New Life for Millennium's End

> > The education/skills issue in character creation I
> will also nominate as my
> >  major gripe with character creation. Like most
> people on this list I simply
> >  ignore it, but if ME is to be re-released I'd fix
> it as again it is a
> >  niggle.

Indeed. Currently, the 'best' characters are all
doctors. When I run, my attitude is that each year
purchased of 'education' is in fact a year or more of
proffessional training or school of hard knocks
experience. Thus, a military vet can blow 5 years
'education fees' and then needs to be 23+, with 5 or
more years combined college/military experience. It's
rough and ready, but gives characters with interesting
background - rather than munchkin ones - a decent
number of skill points, rather than rewarding 'I'm a
doctor, who then joined the military / became a
mercenary in Angola and just happens to be a
blackbelt, able to fly anything and who can outdrive
and outshoot the rest of you put together.'

Mike