Re: [ME] Re: Crippled US EP-3

> What unstable storage technologies are you refering
> to?  The latest systems
> (last 10-20 years) that I have insight into (which
> are not that many) use
> standard types of media (SCSI hard drives, DAT
> tapes, etc).

We used to declassify storage by dosing it with a
powerful hand-held mains-fed electromagnet (which had
to be turned off due to heating every 15 minutes, but
wa a great toy as long as you remembered to take your
watch off), then hitting it with a big hammer a lot of
times, then burning the bits. Tapes from vacuum driven
drives got the magnet treament, then fed into a
shredder... then burned.

Mike