Re: RE: Re : New Life for Millennium's End

> To try and get rid of the templates and
> the damage table would
> be to make it into another generic game that would
> get lost among the
> offerings already out there.

Yes, I generally like the templates an awful lot, but
SOMETHING needs to be done with autofire. It's
impossible to get the real adrenaline flowing scene
going when it takes 3 minutes to work out the result
of each burst. Also, when a GM is handling multiple
mooks, even semi-auto can become a handful. What I'd
perhaps like is an optional to-hit system for use by
the GM and on autofire. Basically, a to-hit roll cross
indexed with range and with normal modifiers, which
gives a number of rounds struck result and then a few
location scatter charts such as 'aiming for centre of
mass' and 'prone target, front aspect'. This does
several things: Makes GM life easier, Stops the GM for
either feeling guilty for going for head-shots or
feeling like they're pulling punches by not going for
them (because now location is random) and stops people
aiming for locations with long automatic bursts.

When using bursts with little chance of a hit, I for
one bunch the shots together...ie ROF 15, 5% chance of
it actually hitting = 3 die rolls, each giving one
round a 25% chance of a strike.

Mike