Re: RE: Re : New Life for Millennium's End

Reading all of these discussions about what the ME rules should become is
somewhat troubling to me.  The majority of the ideas seem intended to make
the game into a very playable killfest that would be identical to T2K,
Gurps, or whatever.  The allure (to me, at least) is the realism afforded by
the system.  To try and get rid of the templates and the damage table would
be to make it into another generic game that would get lost among the
offerings already out there.

The other trend about this discussion that seems incongruous to me is that
everyone wants to make the game simpler but everyone wants to add five or
ten new rules to cover pedantic little details that would rarely come up in
play.  IMHO our energies could be more productively utilized in trying to
"tweak" what is already out there.  Thoughts?  Flames?

Ryan