The Hunt For Red October, and all things misquoted (LOL)

Just to amplify on this (mis)quote...

    "Borodin," he said finally, after reading the message a fourth
    time, "we set up a practice firing solution on the mailing list.
    Damn, the Outlook Express SEND key is sticking. A single
    ping, Comrade, just one, to check the list is up."

    PING

    (a minute or two later)

    "Distance to target, Borodin?", Ramius asked, wishing he
    had more time, as the message was repeated again and
    again. "Two thousand miliseconds, Comrade Captain. A
    nice, fat target, if we..." the starpom's voice trailled off as
    he saw the commander's face.

    They know our name, Ramius was thinking, they KNOW
    OUR NAME! How can this be? They knew where to find
    us - exactly! HOW? What can the Americans have? How
    long has the mailing list been watching us? Decide - you
    must DECIDE!

    "Comrade, one more piong on the target, please"

    PING-BOUNCE

>:->

Best regards,

Roger Stenning
Webmaster, The Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message may not
be those of the ISG. The information in this email and in any
attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or use this email for
any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other
person - you should also destroy this message, delete any copies
held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.