Re: [ME] Re: New Life for Millennium's End

In a message dated 4/5/01 1:26:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time, rjhansen@inav.net
writes:

Surprisingly enough, that's more than many people know.  You'd be amazed at
how many accidental deaths are caused each year by people foolish enough to
let the muzzle cover they don't want to destroy...

      not suprising to me, most of those "accidents" are by people who are
proud of their ignorance of firearms, because "guns are evil"......when i was
6 years old, my grandfather took me out hunting the groundhogs in his paster
with a .22 rifle.  he taught me three things that still stick, 1. NEVER
assume a gun is unloaded, always treat it as if it was loaded, even if you
just unloaded it.  2.  NEVER aim a gun at anything you don;t want to KILL,
regardless of the fact it is unloaded, see rule #1, and  3.  Always point the
muzzle at the ground and away from feet.
      By NOT teaching these things to kids, they don;t have the proper
respect for the damage a gun can do.  They think its funny to point a gun at
a friend and pull the trigger, they do it on tv and the people always
live.....its a game.
      Wrong.

Benjamin