Who games with a computer

I asked this ages ago but want to know if anything has changed.
Do you run ME using a computer during actual play, or do you play in a game
where the GM does? If there was program support for in game activities would
you?
Rob raised the issue of creating a program that does the overlay / template
stuff on demand. I've looked into this before and had come up with some ideas,
but when I asked who used computers during play there were only about 2 people
who did so I wrote an NPC generator instead as I thought it would get wider
use.
What do you think? Are ingame programs a waste?

Scott