Re: Who games with a computer

--- Scott <becubed@connexus.net.au> wrote:
> Rob raised the issue of creating a program that does
> the overlay / template
> stuff on demand. I've looked into this before and
> had come up with some ideas,
> but when I asked who used computers during play
> there were only about 2 people
> who did so I wrote an NPC generator instead as I
> thought it would get wider
> use.

Considering that I was the one that asked...

I am lucky to have access to a great range of
technology, including the cable modem, laptops, and an
802.11b wireless network in my house.

What I was specifically RT to ask about was converting
your autofire template into a fully dynamic
application where you can select the overlay, the
range, and the weapon template, from pull-down menues.
 You can then manipulate the bullet pattern to shift
it around the body map.

The weapon template would be like a selection like "FN
P90" where you selected the actual weapon, versus
putting in values (though the option of putting in
customized values would be available).

I have some friends/coders that could do this.  I
would think this would be best suited as a Web
Application that can be run in a web-browser (offline
or online).

As for others that use computers...  My group all have
cable/DSL modems and we often have two locations and
video stream to one another.  Net congestion gets bad
in the evenings, though.