Re: New Life for Millennium's End

In a message dated 4/10/2001 4:18:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
CamaroGen1@aol.com writes:

> Thank you, you helped prove my point=) again, i am guilty of oversimplifing
(
>  i dind't feel like showing the equation)  point is, if players are making
>  EXTREMELY aqurate shots from that distance, then I am sorry, you are not
>  doing a very good job.

If the character has taken the necessary steps then shots like this are
certainly possible.  My best 1000m group is 8.263-inches with a .330 Dakota
Longbow, 11.34 inches with a Harris M-87 .50.  Marine Sergeant Kenneth Terry
took out a YW531 APC in Desert Storm with two shots from a Barrett M82A1 into
an area under 6-inches.

The problem with headshots at 1000m is the flight time.  Expecting the head
to be in the same location 1.6 seconds after the trigger is pulled is asking
for a lot.  Unless the target is completely immobile you are looking at least
maximum target moving penalties, probably doubled for flight time.

Rob