Re: New Life for Millennium's End

In a message dated 4/10/2001 11:25:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rjhansen@inav.net writes:

> If you're referring to my statement that at 1000m the bullet has eleven
>  meters of gravitational drop, I stand by it.  Gravity will drop it by
eleven
>  meters (thirteen and change for a 1.65s flight time), and there's not a
>  blessed thing anyone can do about it.

Nope.  Picked the number because the bullet flight over line of sight for a
1000m shot is eleven feet.  Meaning you need eleven feet of overhead
clearance to account for ballistic travel above line of sight on a 1000m
shot.  I have seen many a shooter assume that because the bullet reaches a
certain distance above line of sight they need to aim that far above the
target.  I am not going to contest 11m gravitational drop because I try and
stay as far away from physics as possible.  That is what manuals, calculation
forms, scientific calculators, and people like Big Rob are for.

Rob