Re: Best M1911 replica?

>The Wilson KZ-45 i a very nice gun, but you are looking at a grand.

Any of the Wilson guns would serve you well, but you could buy two or three
Colts for the price of most of their models.

There is a new Auto Ordnance/Kahr 1911 clone completely up to US military
spec (including Parkerized finish).  Designated M1911A1 PKZ, it is only
US$375 and the reviews have been universally positive.  That is pretty
amazing considering that Auto Ordnance previously had a reputation of making
very poor pistols.

Finally, I must disagree with Rob Hansen on the Norinco 1911's.  I have had
the opportunity to spend a lot of time with two different pistols and both
performed flawlessly, even with light 155 grain handloads.  The sights were
embarrassing and not all of the parts were interchangeable with GI guns, but
otherwise worth the money (around $250, IIRC).

Hansen is right about the Llamas, though.  Stay far, far away.

Ryan