RE: Bifocal shooting. How far?

Or get a rifle/carbine (just make it short) in .223 or 5.45 - with some kind
of quickie holosight - as long as you don't plan on trying to "clear" your
house. (Both have pretty marginal penetration of mulitiple layers - they'll
go through one thing, and then rapidly bleed energy/speed. Kinda
counter-intuitive, but it seems to hold true.)

Plus, if you for some really odd reason *need* to make a precision shot,
you're more likely to. (But walking around inside is gonna be a real pain,
real fast. Call the cops, that's what they get paid and trained for. Plus,
they generally come in groups.)