RE: Best M1911 replica?

I don't really think that mag springs are a big problem. (Actually was
reading some stuff by Louis Awerbuck (I am pretty certain), who was claiming
that modern autos are actually more reliable than revolvers. Not sure how
true that is, but I did put about 9K rounds through my Glock 17 in the last
year (el cheapo Wolf 9mm steel cased stuff) with nary a hiccup or failure.
So autos are really good these days. Kinda sold me on Glocks, and have since
picked up some more of the "Combat Tupperware".) A good magazine ought to
work just fine even after several decades of being loaded. (So long as the
springs are not over compressed, or stretched.)

Jim