Re: A new tool for in-building work

> > I'm dubious about this 'radar flashlight', though; remembering hos Tom
> > Clancey was hooked on a peice of sci-fi tech that would never have
> > worked in the first place, and with no offence to the other Roger, not
> > withstanding hand held battle field radar systems, are we sure this
> > hand-held flashlight radar tech actually (a) exists, and (b) works as
> > advertised?

Actually I'd accept this as it sounds similar to Micropower Impulse Radar
which was developed by a guy called Tom McEwan at Lawrence Livermore Labs. I
read an article on it in 95. (The article is up on my site if you're
interested.)
Also I've seen a similar thing demonstrated on a documentory on non leathal
weapons a few years ago. It was designed by McDonnel Douglas or Boeing I
think, it was an aerospace company anyway. The device they demonstrated was
a small attache case that when set up facing a wall gave an indication of a
man moving behind it. The wall was a few inches of concrete from what I can
remember. The display wasn't like a camera picture it was a fuzzy collection
of dots where some of them moved as the target did.

Scott