Re: What I think that should been done in m-end version 3.0

> 1. Please get rid of the he/she gender use in the core rule book, and
> only use one gender when explaining things.

god no, that PC stuff is so crippling to read, i prefer the he/she
switching that the book uses, makes it a *lot* mroe readable

> 2. Separate the storyline and the rules in the core rule book as, I
> think there would be more people playing the game (I know some) if
> they
> didn't have to read about BlackEagle/BlackEagle - I would be glad to
> get
> rid of that information when reading the rules, here i mostly think
> about character creation.

again, no, having a bare bones system sucks, i had several plans to use
the same canon background with the PCs operating on their own, with
other companies, the background is *very* necessary to the book, even
if you don't use it, it still fleshes out the system.  a system with no
genre is pretty useless imho.

> 3. That there should be a minimum 2 page example of combat that
> combines Hand-toHand and Shooting. I think this could be a robbery
> gone
> bad at a liqueur store, with some illegal weapons.

a complete run through of a scene might be handy, i thought breaking
the comabt up into a few sidebars was a bit of a pain when i was
learning the combat ( i fudge it a lot now anyway )

> 4. Give the rule system a name, it is the setting that is call
> Millennium's End, the system has no name. What about SEM, stands fore
> Simulation Engineering Manual, fore the rule system.

cheesy, the game is Millennium's End (or Millennium's Dawn) or
whatever, don't get all pretentious, it's just a roleplaying system,
keep it in perspective...

> 5. When writing rules, please don't write the number that has to be
> there use the number instead: instead of writing "two" use "2", it
> makes
> it a little easy're on people that is not that good at english, the
> same
> think goes when math expressions are used: don't write "cubed" write
> ^2.

i don't remember much use of written numbers in the original rulebook ?
valid point though....

> I know that this may seem as I don't like the setting or the system
> as
> it is, I doe like it but these are some of the thinks I don't like
> about it.

like any other system, you can't please all of the people all of the
time, but taking out the background, and setting up a pretentious
"simulation" system name isn't going to help, the background and genre
(which needs a background to back it up really, otherwise it's just
"use this in James Bond/Tom Clancy style games, it's good for that")
are what drew me to the game in the first place, i'd hate to see them
go, although they *do* need refreshing due to the redundancy of a
background written for 2 years ago

my thruppence

AJC