RE: Bad Technothrillers (was nitrogen grenades)

> Just out of curiosity (and hopefully to spawn some interesting
> conversation), what are people's opinions for the worst
> technothriller novel out there, and why?

Never read a bad technothriller.  If it's that bad, I'll throw it away,
recycle it or give it away rather than read it.  Now, for bad movies, it's a
different story.

There are definitely some traits I don't like from a technothriller:

* Technological leaps of faith (Orbital mind control lasers, powered armor,
etc.)

* Unrealistic political situations (Cuba having a navy larger than the 7th
Fleet)

* Inaccurate factual descriptions ("thumbed the safety off the Glock 20")

* Incessant use of Save-the-world situations

Anyone else care to add to the list?

-Eric