RE: Bad Technothrillers (was nitrogen grenades)

> Never read a bad technothriller.  If it's that bad, I'll
> throw it away,
> recycle it or give it away rather than read it.  Now, for bad
> movies, it's a
> different story.

	That's what I'm looking for ... What novels have you stopped reading and
why.

> There are definitely some traits I don't like from a technothriller:
>
> * Technological leaps of faith (Orbital mind control lasers,
> powered armor,
> etc.)

	Hmmm... sounds like a lot of Dale Brown to me ...

> * Unrealistic political situations (Cuba having a navy larger
> than the 7th
> Fleet)
>
> * Inaccurate factual descriptions ("thumbed the safety off
> the Glock 20")
>
> * Incessant use of Save-the-world situations
>
> Anyone else care to add to the list?

	I have to agree with you on all points. The only one I might add is
chrarcters who get "too big for their britches", ie they're so
powerful/daring/honored/smart/experienced that its inconceiveable why anyone
would want to oppose/face/engage them. The best example of this, IMHO, is
the title character of the Honor Harrington SF series by David Weber.

Dan