Re: Bad Technothrillers (was nitrogen grenades)

> The movie _Freejack_, where there's a sound of a hammer being cocked.  Pan
> the camera around: Emilio Estevez is holding a gun on someone.
>
> Problem: the gun is a Glock 17.
>
> No hammer.

Unfortunately, there's always errors with firearms in movies. The
"hammered" Glock is one I always say, "Oh come on!" to, either out loud
or to myself.
I do remember a movie where the lead character was holding a SIG pistol,
and said it was a "forty-five." Granted, it could have been a SIG 220,
but when he went on about how the safety worked, I cringed. (You'd think
Steven Seagal Sensei would *know* a bit more about guns, since he's been
known to carry. BTW, the movie was Under Siege 2.)

Oh well... Can't have a perfect representation of firearms in movies...
always have to go for the dramatic license and effect...

-- tengu

--
tengu@concentric.net